Knows It All

Friday, July 22, 2005

Birthday Bliss

I know I whine a lot about life in Phoenix. But, I mean, with 20 people DYING from heat...literally, I just have to re-affirm to myself that this place is not meant to be inhabited by humans. Especially MILLIONS of them. The fact that the natural water sources are not that plentiful is a big clue.

However, yesterday was my birthday, so I have been feeling grateful and spoiled. My staff bought me sunny flowers, my secretary baked me a wonderful cake, and we got a VERY important guilty the day before on a case that I have been working on since March.

I got calls from all who love me, packages and presents from a few. Funny cards from Lu, and flowers and dinner from fiance. He also had a special Rum cake, and it was awesome! A Detective serenaded me in my office, and another friend left a singing message on my phone. It was a day of smiles. I needed it!! And all of my blogging circle left me posts around too!

I have been a big proponent of BIRTHDAY week, so I have been indulging all week. With my dinner party last Saturday, with a lot of friends and sangria. The official end is this Sunday, after banana pancakes at my favorite breakfast place. Ah... 31.

Plus, I get to escape the heat and the stress this week, by going to Tucson on Wednesday and hanging out with old friends, laying at a pool and lounging all day Thursday, before I leave Friday to go to Calgary! Family reunion. It's much cooler in Canada! Three days out of work, no stress, just friends -- family -- and cooler weather.

Still really wishing I was going to be in P-Town, for BrewFest. I am so there next year! Who's coming?

Happy Friday!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger McRebeck said…

    See 31 isn't so bad is it?? LOL

    Sounds like you had a great day!!

    Enjoy the reunion!!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger May1983 said…

    Glad u got treated like a Princessa! I will totally go to BrewFest w/ u next year :)

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger ShooShoo said…

    Cool Sheri, glad you've been having such a blast (and sounds like it's only begninning!)... Happy Belated B-day!

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger LSL said…

    Happy, happy b-day!

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Mahd said…

    Happy birthday. It's the one time of year when it's all about you, so hopefully you enjoyed it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home