Knows It All

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I need a drink!

It makes me so uncomfortable and nervous, that I had a hard time sleeping last night. I hate it. I know they are doctors and all that, but it's freaking invasive and stressful. I don't want anyone down there...with tools, and duck-billed clamps and the biggest Q-tips on god's green earth. I hate being in stirrups, with legs up, bum on the edge...just exposed and vulnerable. I've had root canals, and I am not so sure they were worse. I get all tense and the doctor has to tell me to "relax". But then I think of my muscles, and wonder if I am "kegel-ing" right there in her view.

And the etiquette of it all. I know she sees the whole gamut of grooming and maintenance, but should I care about the state of my growth? I didn't get that wax I wanted to.. so I may be all stubbly and unkempt. Cripes, who cares? But it's a thought.

She did tell me that some people have actually came in with a tampon in, not knowing this is not amendable to this exam. People are idiots. One lady didn't know that the doctor actually had to look and touch your insides. Duh. Would you go to the dentist and sit down and not expect him to look in your mouth?

Thankfully the breast exam isn't as bad. Maybe it's all the desensitizing I've had since all my friends grope.

Well, I always take comfort in thefact that the doctors see this everyday. It's not like going to a dermatologist and having them examine a mole....down there....

ANother year's annual overwith.

Two cheers for gynos!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger ShooShoo said…

    Oh yeah. There's no way of getting around the fact that it's uncomfortable in more ways than one... Even w/a really good doc, let alone if you get stuck w/a yucky one! I was *so* stoked to be referred to a new OBGYN this last year who told me at the end of my visit, "You're young & healthy enough to only need these visits every *two* years... So see ya in a couple years!" :) Okay, twist my arm... I'll wait!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger May1983 said…

    Anxiety attack...I know. See, men really just DON'T know.
    You should watch the Vagina Monologues. I love it. Every woman should watch it. It's hilarious and powerful and makes me proud and happy that I am a woman.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home