Knows It All

Sunday, January 14, 2007

She's Like the Wind....

Or not!!! This morning, El G and I ran our first Half-Marathon! I'm not going to pretend like we set any records, but it really wasn't as hard as I expected. Today happened to be one of the coldest day I have ever known in Phoenix, and that was the hardest part. I had to run with a hoodie on. Seriously, it was below freezing!!


29 Degrees!!!!

Official results are not in yet. I'll update later with that. I think we made it in under 2.5 hours. To be fair, my hubs could have done it much faster, but he paced with me and we didn't walk once! He had a few potty breaks which added to our time, but we thought I would have walked some, but I never did! I slowed when I ate a weird gel packet thing....but other than that...I chugged along.

This from the same sucka who was in top form two nights ago at Gordon Biersch. It's so fun being me. Last night was the shower for the new little bean and I think it turned out well. We had to leave early, I didn't feel very good and we needed sleep.
Mom looked amazing!!!

Anyway, celebratory anniversary dinner tonite! Thanks to mom for the gift! we will eat so well on that! And to all of you who encouraged me in this silly race. I never thought I'd see the day when I would run 13 miles!

And... a year ago today we were on the eve of our wedding day. Good times...remember when El G acted a fool at Dos Gringos? Love that guy. What a husband. Seriously, I love that he ran this with me because I wanted to. He rocks.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! I knew you could do it! Happy Anniversay as well, you guys are a great couple. Mandy

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Knows It All said…

    Looks like we hit 2:28. One of the stops for a potty break was at least 5-6 minutes, as the line was really long... so our goal is to get to 2:10 next year!

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger LSL said…

    Wow, you're already talking about next year! Congratulations, I could never do it. That is awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home