Knows It All

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankfulness

Above anything else this year, I am thankful for my family. For me, my friends are also my family, so I am thankful for all these amazing people in my life that I love and appreciate everyday. My parents are such blessings. I won’t pretend that they don’t stress me out sometimes, but I am really lucky to have them. I cannot begin to express how grateful I am that my mom is healthy. She had breast cancer this year, and we were lucky and she is fine. And while I may not live close, I am thankful that I have a job and a husband and the ability to go home and be with her when it was happening. I’m thankful for my mom and her way of always seeing the positive side of things, her tender heart, her ability to endure, and all the sacrifices she makes for all of us. My dad has his struggles to, but I am so thankful for all his strength, his undying love for me, his silliness and his guidance. I miss them both so much. I know that I can call them at anytime, but sometimes I just miss being with them. But I am thankful for the trip I am going to take in less than one month where I can see them both!

I’m thankful for my little sister. She’s a silly one, but she is such a fun girl to be with. She’s also so sweet and I worry about her non-stop. I’m grateful to have such a friend in her and to know that she loves me and forgives my faults and she just gets me. I’m thankful that I get to be her sis.

You all know how much I love this El G. This year, we were married. I am overwhelmed with love and gratitude for him as a partner. I am grateful that he too accepts that I am still a work in progress and have only begun to discover flaws and weaknesses and that he loves me anyway. I am thankful for his support, his humor, his smoking dance moves, and that he has all his locks.

I’m thankful to all my extended family who I can call after months and months and nothing is different. They love me still. They share their joys with me even though I am living so far away. They have all these little babies that they let me love and brag about.

And all of my friends. I’m thankful to your support and generosity, and especially for hanging out with me and being my “downtime”. My work and life can be overwhelming, and the times I have with my friends are such uppers. I’ve made a lot of you listen to me go on and on about so much too. So thanks for shaking your thangs with me, taking me to dinner, and all the other fun stuff you all do. Most of you don’t’ even read this, so I hope that you know that I love you and appreciate you for every little thing. I’m not the easiest person in the world to love. Even though I know my mom and dad disagree! ;)

I’m obviously thankful for a million things. My home, my job, my health. But I think that it’s the people in my life that make me who I am. Thanks to all of you. And to those of you who I share blogging with… thanks to you too. I am glad to have gotten to know all of you and wish you all the best for the holiday!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You just had to go there , didn't you. Making bald jokes at my expense. Days before my birthday. on my favorite celebrated holiday.

    And right around the time I was gonna feel guilty about you sending me that shout out on myspace.

    Well I gotta tell you I am really hurting right now. Really hurting.

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am thankful for you too! What a nice heartfelt post, hope you had a great Thanksgiving. xoxoxo, Mandy

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Little Star said…

    Very nice post...
    Sooo glad you're happy... You deserve it... You give soo much to so many!!!

    Nothing but love for you!!!!

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger ShooShoo said…

    What a great post. We all could use a little more thankfulness, methinks. Thanks for sharing. So glad your Mom is okay, and that it sounds like lots of good stuff is happening for you. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home