Knows It All

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Bake...run...bake....run

The holidays are an emotional time for most of us. I've had some traumatic events at work that are tough. I'm going through some very stressful time with my dad. He's ok, but we're just dealing with some stuff. It always makes me want to be at home, even though, right now, that would be futile. He'll be fine, I just worry. I think that my relationship with my dad pushes that "codependency" line, but I've decided that that term is a Western perspective, and I am just a dutiful daughter who is very bound to my dad. Is that another excuse for it? Probably. But EL G helps me work through it. Marriage can really help with this stuff.

Yesterday we recieved some devastating news with respect to some dear dear friends. I cannot share the details at this time, but I know you understand. I also am not going to mention who it is, to respect their privacy. They are not readers of this blog and none of you are friends with them. It hit us really hard, although not as hard as it is for them obviously. El G and I were really struck and both of us feel sick. Life takes turns for all of us, and I do feel overwhelmingly blessed. I just wanted to take a minute yesterday and send some love to some of you who I miss a lot right now. It's weird cuz when I feel sad and low, I reach out to the same small circle of you. I am so deeply grateful for you all. I'm really excited that I get to see a lot of my friends tonight. East Coast and CC, I miss you too a ton. CC, lets see each other soon!

And I am coming home in 18 days! So I hope to see Garrett and Rocky and Lu. i need rejuvenation and to give you all a squeeze. We'll be at Edgefield, so I'm hoping we can all meet up for dinner and hang for an evening out there?

So, I'm cheering myself today. I'm baking 12 dozen cookies for a party Monday. I'm decorating for XMAS and listening to XMAS music. I'm running a race tomorrow and Just getting ready for the holidays and this half marathon. I'm ok, I just feel a little emotionally needy! Cookies and El G are doing the trick right now! Oh and my cutie Suri who met us for dinner. I'm overwhlemed with X's and O's for that guy. He's so good to us.

I don't know how you pregnant girls manage! I'm emotional and I'm not even PMSing, let alone pregnant. Anyway, I'm thinking of you all! I believe there is never time to waste in making sure that everyone you love knows it. Again, as I said on Thanksgiving, I appreciate all of you who love me and accept me for that nut I am.

See you all very soon. Take care of each other.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a nice message. Thanks for sharing all of this, somehow it just helps me deal with the holidays. I agree that most of us have issues with this time of year.
    I'm sending good thoughts to your friends.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Little Star said…

    Christmas music and cookies sound like as good a remedy as any...
    Can't wait till you're back in town... Miss you and love you....
    Always!!!!

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Rocky said…

    Count me in for Edgefield! Love that place. Plus I have a break from school, so I will be more than ready to cut loose.

    Can't wait to catch up!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger foxxxylove said…

    Please save me a cookie as I will be able to eat in about 1 week!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Foxxy wants a new boyfriend so don't save herany cookies.

    Heck if she loses 10 or 20 more pounds I might consider dating her.

    LOL.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where is all the blogging at? I need my fix of knows it all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home