Knows It All

Friday, November 10, 2006

Popping in for a second

It's been a long time since i've posted anything. Not for lack of subject-matter, but for lack of access and opportunity. In the new house, we have some crazy high speed capability (i'm not sure what it is, El G just informs me that it's better than what we had...) but we have yet to hook up, since we are in need of something to place our computer on. At the old place there was a built-in desk. New house has no such thing, so we are on the hunt for a desk. So I have to no internet at home. THus, no way to really blog. I am posting this from the office since today is a holiday and I am here. I have to work every ninth weekend... and this happens to be mine. Since all we do is arraignments, I have some down time with Internet access. So.. here I am.

So let's get updated on why buying a home is really stressful. Apparently it's one of the most stressful things one can do, and I believe that. El G and I really are not ones to fight, but goodness there is some tension when we are still battling all of the details of moving in. We had to have the washer/dryer people come from Sears a million times, since the space for the washer dryer was too small... wrong parts, etc. etc. In the interim, I've spent two evenings in a laundrymat. Talk about bringing back memories. Ugh. The worst thing is that El G bought himself a big plasma. HE loves it. But it's been an absolute nightmare coordinating with Direct TV. Literally, more than 15 hours of our time has been spent on this debacle, and it sucks. To top it off, after we waited for 5 hours yesterday for yet another service appointment, they failed to show again. He was on the phone with them for another hour. I don't know why they seem to think they can just convince us that it's all in our crazy heads that this is difficult. Why would we think we had an appt? We obviously did not, since there is none in their system. And obviously no system error, just us being ungrateful morons. The last tech we did have that came, did something BAD... cuz it appears the TV is now blown. That is NO JUICE. BAD BAD BAD. El G not handling this very well at all. He lost it last night. we had to go over to the neighborhood wine bar so he could calm down. He was hating this house, this life, wishing for a better wife....and all the other latin drama he could muster. Poor thing. Once he gets all torked up like that, he just conks out with exhaustion. Much like a three-year old's tantrum.

Anyway, I love the house. Love the hood. Every neighbor has come by. I love to sit on my porch and read and drink a beer or coffee. I have a nice bathtub and a great shower in my room. It's perfect. Wine cellar is still in the works.

It's been busy. So happy to have little Cara home. Her and C are so cute pregnant together. DC was here and it was such a great time. Miss her to pieces. I'm sad that Indiana may be packing it out, but what can you do? She's a tumbleweed! ;)
Holidays are almost here. We had the Pastor wedding, the reunion, and antoher wedding tomorrow. El G is going to Vegas for a fight, his fam is coming for Thanksgiving, and then it's December. I want to have a Housewarming and then we head to P-town for XMAS. I'm allegedly training for a half marathon, and somewhere between all that and my wine habit, I go to work.

I'm determined to go to Europe next year. And Prince is now in VEGAS all the time! What???? SO exciting. So I'm in a good place, busy and in transisition. Work has been good lately....(knock on wood for me please) and so I feel good with it.

God there is a lot more, but I'm off to court. I'll be back in the saddle soon as soon as we get wired in. May be a bit for photos. Lost my new camera! So sad.

Take care out there.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Little Star said…

    Wow... that was experience overload...
    So much of that sounds familiar.
    I now know why people stay in the same house for 20 years and all that...
    It's never long enough to want to go through that again right?!!!

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger May1983 said…

    congrats!
    "i want a house!!!"
    Veruca Salt...

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Answer the phone, I am hiding in your house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home